Handmade Ceramic Match Striker
Handmade. Each striker is thrown on a pottery wheel and trimmed before the first firing. Next the glazes are applied - first the white and then the color layered on top. The overlapping design of the colors is similar but individually unique. After the final glaze firing the bottoms are sanded smooth so as to not scratch any surfaces and the striker sticker is applied. Use the unglazed rough portion to light the match with "strike anywhere" matches. A striker pad is also included on the bottom for regular matches. The striker pad can be easily replaced if it wears out. Matches not included due to shipping restrictions.
* Height is 2.25 inches, width is 3 inches at bottom (approx.)
* Hand made (wheel-thrown), hand painted
* High temperature fired in an electric kiln
* Dishwasher and microwave safe although it is always best to hand wash handmade pottery
* All glazes used are food safe and lead free
Each piece is handmade one at a time in my home studio which means that individual items are unique and may vary slightly from the photo in the listing.